Make some music
For this you will need:
- 4 or 5 jam jars with lids;
- Different food colourings;
- A pencil or chopstick; and
- A jug of water.
How to do:
- Place the jam jars in a line, lids off;
- Help your child to fill the jars with different levels of water;
- Let them add a drop of different coloured food colouring into each different jam jar. Watch as the colouring disperses in the water, ask your child what they can see happening;
- Screw the lid onto the jam jar.
Ask your child to tap the jar gently with the pencil or chopstick and listen to the different sounds each jar containing the different levels of water makes. Ask your child if the can notice the different sounds the different jars make.
Make sure you protect your kitchen table, and have a cloth close by, just in case of spillages.