Paint like Picasso
For this you will need:
- Different coloured poster paints;
- A4 or A3 paper, or both;
- Lots of paper plates;
- Sponge or paintbrush;
- Lots of protection; and
- Lots of kitchen roll.
What to do:
- Squeeze generous amounts of paint onto different paper plates;
- Using a sponge, or paint brush, help your child dip the sponge or paintbrush into the paint on one of the plates – make sure it is well covered in paint;
- Help your child to paint their hand;
- Gently press their hand onto the paper to make a hand print;
- Whilst the paint is drying on the paper, wash the hand, dry, and start the process again using a different colour.
Never leave your child alone whilst doing this activity. Othewise you may find that the paint has ended up in the most unusual of places – and left you with more clearing up than you had wished for.