Spell my name
Call us 020 8498 9739
For this you will need:
- A4 paper;
- A4 coloured card;
- Coloured pencils or paint;
- Glue; and
- Round-ended scissors.
How to make:
- Download the template on this page.
- Help your child to pick out the letters in their name and a few that aren't in their name – don’t choose to many, just the letters that make up their name and three others to start with;
- Help your child to cut out the letter – this helps your child to concentrate.
- Glue the letters onto a piece of A4 paper or card;
- Ask your child if they can recognise the letters that make up their name, and arrange in order so that their name is spelt correctly.
For a different activity on a different day, you can let your child decorate the letters using paint, glitter, or by cutting out pictures from a magazine and gluing these to the letters .
You can also punch holes at the top of each letter and string them together to hang up in their room.